Biking to the Co-Op

 


Last week I realized I was out of yogurt.  Topped with bananas, blueberries, peanut butter, and granola, this power breakfast is my go-to fuel for a busy morning.


Although I don't eat raw 100% of the time, I do stick to an all-vegan diet.  I discovered The Forager Project's Vanilla Bean Cashewmilk Yogurt a while back, which has a delicious flavor and is perfect for breakfast, smoothies, or an evening snack.



Oryana is one of the few local places that carries Forager Project, so I hopped on my bike and headed just .7 miles to the co-op. 

On my trip, I biked along West Grand Traverse Bay, stopped at the library, and enjoyed a beautiful view of the Boardman Lake. Oryana is located just off the TART trail, making it easy for a car-free commute.

As I checked out, the cashier asked me if I walked.  "No, but I took my bike!" I replied with a smile. Oryana is one of the few places that offers a "green discount" for commuting car-free, which I think is a brilliant concept every business could implement.



Not only does Oryana have ample bike parking and a beautiful path behind it, there's a Little Free Library outside the building as well as a new fitness court on the Boardman Lake Loop.  

Simply spending time there makes you feel good inside- both mentally and physically. 

It's so amazing how much my life has changed since going car-free, and I've noticed so many beautiful things all around. When you slow down and enjoy what is right in front of you, an entirely new world is right at your fingertips. 





Comments

Popular Posts